Nyum's Movie Reviews

Friday, September 09, 2005

The Longest Yard



I loved it! It was a little weird to see them kill of a character so soon... and yes... I will spoil it... because most of you probably won't miss him... but I couldn't believe that they killed off Chris Rock so early!!! I would have thought he'd at least last until the end of the movie!!

I did find the movie a little surprising though. Adam Sandler doesn't really have a footballer's build. Even if he hasn't been playing in several years. But he was funny and I thought that it was a fantastic movie.

It's been a while since I've seen Burt Reynolds in a movie. Man has he aged. But he's still got it! And everytime I see James Cromwell, all I can think of is him saying "that'll do pig, that'll do" LOL! I thought he portrayed his character very well! They managed to get a lot of real football and basketball players. And to see Nelly in a film, man, the way he was running, looked as if he was a natural! Running from the cops or something ;p

It was good. Terry Crews must love doing the robot. I've seen him do it in 2 films already. And he loves playing the weird characters. It was cool to see so many WWE/WWF/Nitro characters in the movie. Interesting enough to see only 1 on the underdog's team, mainly Bill Goldberg. Kevin Nash was hilarious! Hahaha! And Steve Austin was just Stone Cold! Man, it was pretty funny!

And of course, a movie can't just be about guys... There's always 1 chick involved... at least... and that was Courteney Cox. But it wouldn't be an Adam Sandler movie without appearances from his friends. Michael Papajohn and Rob Schneider. They are always in his movies. Good to see! :P

Definitely a fun movie to watch!

IMDB Link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0398165/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home