Nyum's Movie Reviews

Friday, March 11, 2005

The God of Cookery



Yeah, I'm digging up old movies to review lately (mainly cause I haven't had time to watch many new ones and these DVDs are just sitting at home and I can have it running in the background as I do things), but this movie is awesome!

It's so damn funny! I love Stephen Chow movies. It's slapstick comedy, but it's awesome. His older stuff is good cause he's really witty. I think this must be the first movie he's done with Karen Mok. What I like about his movies is that he tends to always re-use as much of the old casts as possible. Those actors follow him around through most of his movies. It's fantastic.

This one is pretty good. Sure, some parts are lame, but man, it's good. Too bad the english translations can never really give the true meaning behind the comedy, but sometimes, I'm sure you can just watch and laugh. Definitely have to watch this one ;)

IMDB Link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0116426/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home