Nyum's Movie Reviews

Sunday, February 27, 2005

In Good Company



Everytime I see Topher Grace, I can't help but think of That 70's Show. The way he talks and presents himself is very much the same in all the other movies I've seen him in. That goes for this one too.

It was an alright movie. Funny at times, but yes, it is a drama after all. Some parts of the story didn't really go anywhere. The whole Teddy K thing was just silly. And come on, surely the buying and selling of companies doesn't happen like that over night! It was almost instantaneous when things went awkward.

Scarlett Johansson was alright. Her role wasn't all that big, but come on... junior tennis champion... not wanting to go pro... that's a little bizarre. Then again, she didn't really show much form in this movie, rather, they took the comedic side to it all. Dennis Quaid is getting old, but he still has it in him. I liked his character in this movie.

I say, give this movie a go. It was alright. It did remind me a little of something else... just can't put my finger on it.

IMDB Link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0385267/

2 Comments:

  • I know what you mean with that topher dude. Had the same feeling in "Win a dat with Tad hamilton" movie. Still the 70th's show rocks :)

    By Blogger Papigiulio, at 5:25 AM  

  • OH! I've seen that movie. I found it funny, but his acting in that was majorily different compared to this movie and That 70's show. Cause he was a little more... normal and less creepy in that movie. I'll review that next.

    By Blogger Nyum, at 10:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home