Nyum's Movie Reviews

Thursday, November 04, 2004

Flawless

What can I say... I didn't hate it, but I didn't really like it all that much either. At one point it just felt like a normal TV show with a whole bunch of C grade actors mixed in with 2 big names. For a drama, it was okay. I guess I rarely watch drama flicks to truly appreciate the art, but it was interesting none the less. De Niro does pull a strange face throughout the movie... or is that him naturally... hmmm

De Niro plays a retired security officer who suffers a stroke and is forced to learn to live life with limited mobility. The building in which he lives in, houses a drag queen played by Philip Seymour Hoffman, who performs as a cabaret singer/dancer. Due to De Niro's stroke, they are forced to seek help from each other in many different ways. I guess you'll have to watch to find out what happens... but it's a drama nonetheless. Definitely not a comedy nor was it "hilarious" as indicated on the blurb on the DVD...

IMDB Link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0155711/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home