Nyum's Movie Reviews

Sunday, August 21, 2005

Constantine



Interesting movie. I wish more of the weapons were used though.

A story of heaven and hell, and the forces of the human world. Supernatural powers and demons and angels. It goes deep into religion and talks about themes that people generally shrug off.

Keanu Reeves was pretty cool. It was weird not seeing him bruise or get really cut up or anything, but everyone else around him seem to suffer in one way or another. And although I don't quite like Rachel Weisz, I thought she was quite good in this movie.

To really understand this movie, you need to know a little about religion and how things are according to the bible. The names of each of the characters will resonate a little better if you knew. But I really liked the special effects! I thought that was pretty cool.

I'm a little uncertain about the scene where he tries to put his two elbows and wrists together to make that amulate symbol... not quite sure what was going on there... and then they completely forgot about the amulate as well... and I wished Lucifier was in Red... I think it would have been more dramatic.

Btw... the black substance on the hands... is Tar... ;p I say, give it a go... especially if you're a smoker... because this is one big -anti smoking campaign- movie ;p

IMDB Link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0360486/
Apple Trailers: http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/constantine/trailer/

2 Comments:

  • I didn't really like the story that much, plus the movei was a bit dark. But the special fx where amazing and well ever since the matrix, everything keanu does reminds me of neo :P

    By Blogger Papigiulio, at 6:35 PM  

  • It was meant to be a dark movie...

    I wanted him to use the dragon's breath on something. He used everything else. The holy water balls he used, and the other things he used, but I didn't really see him use the Dragon's Breath.

    But I liked how one chain opened up all windows in the appartment ;p

    By Blogger Nyum, at 10:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home