Nyum's Movie Reviews

Monday, December 13, 2004

Wicker Park



Wow. This was a suprisingly good movie. I was misinformed about this flick before I watched it. But after I've watched it, everything made sense. It was excellent! The story and the plot was pretty good.

I guess you could say it's a story of chance and coincidence. But, I did seem to find a few holes. There will be a scene where you see Aleks (played by Rose Byrnes) take a Cab to an apartment. Then the next morning, which was shown earlier (confusing huh?) she drives off and it was made to look as if she drove to the apartment.

And seriously... if you sent someone to China for a meeting of some sort, and that person still has not yet arrived or called back into the office for that matter, would you not say something's weird? Would the company in China not call down and inquire? But I guess they were minor details in the entire plot.

Some scenes were very cliche. Like boy walks out, looks the other way, girl walks behind him in. You know, that sort of stuff. But all in all, I have to say I liked it. It was pretty good. I didn't find Diane Kruger all that pretty though. Definitely not something to go running all over town over.

IMDB Link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0324554/

Official Website: http://www.mgm.com/wickerpark/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home