Nyum's Movie Reviews

Friday, January 07, 2005

Friday Night Lights



It was okay. Of all the football movies I've seen, this wasn't exactly the best.

There wasn't much character building in this story at all. I was expecting at least some sort of drama or history behind some of the characters or at least more of the team to be introduced, but only a select few were mentioned.

I guess they couldn't really jazz it up. It was based on a true story. And like most movies based on true stories, it was one of those that pushes the themes of love and friendship.

One of the big flaws about this movie was that the main quaterback... they didn't really tell us much about him at all. They kept flicking in and out of his life but never really give us anything. And they didn't explain his mum either, unless I missed it. I dunno, it was alright to watch. It does go into a lot of things like racial controversy and sportsmanship. But you kinda have to pick at the movie to see it.

I wonder how the real generation of the people this movie portrays, feels about this movie. I guess this wasn't as good a story as Remember the Titans, but it was still alright to watch. It was interesting to see how the characters turned out in the end in real life, where they posted the blurbs up.

IMDB Link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0390022/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home