Nyum's Movie Reviews

Monday, August 29, 2005

Diary of a Mad Black Woman



Hmm, I don't know what I thought about this movie. It was okay... it was just... average.

I think it was meant to be one of those movies that sent you on a spiritual journey that teaches you how one should be at peace with themselves, even when they are going through hardships. However, I don't think it sent across a strong enough message.

I thought Kimberly Elise was fantastic at being a psycho. When she came back to take care of Steve Harris's character and instead she pushed him into the bathtub head first, that was pretty freaky. I have to admit, I never liked the guy anyway!

But they also had to throw in a heartthrob to even things up. Shemar Moore played the "nice guy" in the story that helped this mad black woman out of her pain. And sorry ladies, he doesn't go topless. I've heard what you all think of him!!

And then there's Tyler Perry. The writer and also the actor who plays 3 characters in this movie. Why you would want to dress up as a woman is beyond me! But man, it was just weird.

This whole movie is about a housewife who's husband has lost his love for her and instead of treating her like a human being, he discarded her as if she was trash, and threw her out of her own home. After having her alienated from the rest of her family, she had no where to go. She ends up at her grandmother's house where she finds her roots and re-discovers herself. It's an okay flick, nothing special. A lot of puppy dog eyes...

IMDB Link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0422093/
Apple Trailer: http://www.apple.com/trailers/lions_gate/diaryofamadblackwoman/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home