Nyum's Movie Reviews

Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Closer



Man this movie was weird, but I liked it for all the wrong reasons! Seeing Natalie Portman (Alice)as a stripper was well worth it! I don't think I like Jude Law (Dan) at all. I don't see what's so good about him. Frankly, he annoyed me.

I really liked Julia Roberts (Anna). I can't help it. I've always liked her. I think her character was alright, but this whole movie was really weird. As for Clive Owen (Larry), well... I can't say I was impressed. He seamt so stiff! His acting ability was just poor. I don't think he can lead a movie. It looked as if he was struggling to play his role cause his speech was so staggered.

Anyway, what is this movie about? It's about being close to each other. Dan and Alice met each other through an accident, and after about a year of dating, Dan meets Anna through a job. They kinda hit it off, but Anna doesn't want Dan to leave Alice cause she doesn't do these things so Dan plays a prank and manages to find a stranger, Larry, to pick up Anna in the weirdest way, it worked. So Larry and Anna date, and get married but Anna and Dan end up having an affair and so much more happens after! It's very dramatic, so watch it if you're into dramas!

It's interesting to see what happens. It's very... adult themed so I would recommend mature people to watch it, because they talk about sex A LOT! Oh, one thing to note, keep an eye out for Alice at the Strip Joint, hubba hubba hubba! And keep an eye out for the internet chatting sequence. LOL!

IMDB Link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0376541

Official Website: http://www.sonypictures.com/movies/closer/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home