Nyum's Movie Reviews

Monday, November 15, 2004

Bridge Jones' Diary 2 - The Edge of Reason

What can I say... I loved it! The movie was excellent. It was entertaining and witty. I have to say, Renee Zellweger completely carried that movie with her superb acting skills. Hugh Grant and Colin Firth were also good, but were more like side acts of the movie.

Hugh Grant looked terrible. You can see how old he looks through-out the movie. His acting was so so, and his character just annoyed me. Colin Firth looks as if he's never aged. He looks as he always does... I would really like to see how he is in real life. The characters he plays in most of his films are very very similar.

The music in the movie was excellent. It suited the scenes and the location very well. The entire Thailand scene was hillarious! Some parts of the movie were very predictable. Even so, the way it was portrayed made it highly entertaining.

I haven't read the book, so I don't know how closely this film follows it. I do recommend that you re-watch the first movie so you know what happened in the past. It's surprising to see Renee Zellweger as she was. Putting on that much weight mustn't have been easy. (Losing it after must have been a nightmare!)

IMDB Link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0317198/

Official Website: http://www.bridgetjonesmovie.com/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home