Nyum's Movie Reviews

Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Surviving Christmas



I don't know... I just don't know. The movie annoyed me... well, Ben Affleck annoyed me. But the sad part about it all is that I could relate to the bloody thing.

Anyway, there were some quirky parts about this film, I can't say much about the plot. It was so over the top... If it didn't have some of my favourite actors in it, I wouldn't have watched it. James Gandolfini was in it as well as Christina Applegate! Oh, and man, I haven't seen Catherine O'Hara since Home Alone.

Basically, the story is about a guy who never had a good Christmas as a child and now that's he's rich, he goes out and hires a family for Christmas. Well, the family he hires... (not by coincidence) lives in the house he grew up in.

The family then has to endure the guy's every demand in order to get paid a rather large sum of money. That is of course, until he finds out the family has their own problems, and the arrival of the daughter, changes a few things. Yes yes, boy falls in love with girl... seen one of them, seen them all.

I don't know if this was meant to be a comedic drama, or what it is... but I would say this is something you'd wait till free-to-air TV shows. It's got some high profile actors, just that, I dunno, it seamt pretty C Grade to me. Though, I did like the part where James Gandolfini throws snow balls at Ben Affleck! Hehehehehehe

IMDB Link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0252028/

Official Website: http://www.survivingchristmas-themovie.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home