Nyum's Movie Reviews

Thursday, December 09, 2004

Wimbledon



Wimbledon... what can I really say... You would expect to see cameos from a lot of sports players, but I guess the movie didn't really have that big a budget. The only real Tennis player you get to see is John McEnroe... and he didn't really do anything special other than commentate. I was at least expecting him to go ape over a shot that was played during a match or something. Just for fun.

The movie didn't strike me as all that good... I like Tennis, don't get me wrong, but the story behind the movie seamt very weak. The tennis matches, or lack there of, were really fake and you can tell that the tennis balls were digitally placed in.

The actors weren't that good at mimicing Tennis players either. Their movement on the court was just so stiff and uncoordinated. I mean, seriously... tennis players don't move like that... and I'm not 100% sure, but I thought that you weren't allowed to leave the village during a tournament. Or maybe I'm thinking of something else.

I wouldn't say it was all that bad either. But it definitely wasn't good. Probably just below average. If you like Kirsten Dunst, then yeah, watch the flick.

IMDB Link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0360201/

Official Website: http://www.uip.co.uk/wimbledon/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home