Nyum's Movie Reviews

Friday, July 22, 2005

A Good Woman



I have to admit, I wasn't expecting anything... but I liked it. It's set in the 1930's and everything was just done so well. The outfits and the jewelry, hair and make up... It really brought it all to life. I guess when you're filming in a place like Italy... it makes it a little easier.

The story has a lot of unexpected occurances. It's not really a twist... but a series of misunderstandings. It's not what you would expect it to be. But I couldn't get over how nosy one of the character was... to the point where she has binoculars on her at all times!!!

Seeing Helen Hunt in this movie made me realise how old she's gotten. And man... when she was smiling, you saw lines around the side of lips that were really weird! Scarlett Johansson was fantastic. She must love doing these sorts of films. Films that are set in the past that is.

But I liked it. The ending was good. It's a feel good movie :)

IMDB Link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0379306/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home