Nyum's Movie Reviews

Thursday, July 14, 2005

New Police Story



Well, I didn't like the fact that this movie didn't continue on from the others in the same series. I think Jackie Chan just decided to start fresh and not include the other actors that he would normally use for the Police Story series.

I thought the movie was alright. It wasn't all that bad. The fact that all those policemen got taken down was a little weird though. I mean, it was like... none of them didn't really have much skill as being a cop. They were all so stupid... and so cockeyed!

I did like the fighting scenes though, but even some parts of the movie lacked Jackie Chan's style and flair. I dunno... It was just alright. I like the ending. That was kinda cleaver. Nicholas Tse wasn't all that bad. I pictured him being much worse!

But the rest of the movie... it was just... alright.

IMDB Link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0386005/

2 Comments:

  • yeh it was a real dissapointement indeed. in the previous movies he had more stunts aswell.

    By Blogger Papigiulio, at 11:03 PM  

  • Well, he had a few this movie, but he didn't use as many props as he normally would.

    I think what I disliked the most was how the entire movie was too multilingual.

    The majority of the movie is in Cantonese... but then you have those who speak Mandarin every now and then... like that kungfu guy... Japanese in some sections from what I heard... and English... It was just so out of place!!

    By Blogger Nyum, at 9:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home