Nyum's Movie Reviews

Saturday, December 25, 2004

The Chronicles of Riddick



I didn't really know what was going on during the first part of the movie. It was a little confusing cause they didn't explain what was going on or why he was a wanted criminal. I guess I should have watched Pitch Black first to get a background on the story but even then I don't know if I would have all that I would need to know to fully understand this movie.

I have to admit, Vin Diesel's voice is very hard to understand. It's so deep, that it's almost like mumbling.

Some of the fighting scenes were poorly filmed. It was so upclose that you cannot see the movements. What I didn't like was the fact that some of the fight scenes were acted out through pillars and stuff, so the lights flashes in and out and makes it really annoying to watch.

There were some really cool fight scenes despite the poor ones. And the sfx was really good too. I liked the portrayal of the Sun and it's overwhelming energy as it rose across the planet.

I say, watch it for the effects and some of the fighting scenes, but I can't say much about the story, too many holes. I might have liked it more if I watched the prequel but I guess I'll need time before I watch that. I'll add a comment to this if I do watch it ;p

IMDB Link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0296572/

Official Website: http://www.thechroniclesofriddick.com/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home