Nyum's Movie Reviews

Thursday, November 25, 2004

The Terminal



Hmm, despite what other people have said, I liked this movie. I found it rather charming. I have to admit, half the time, I couldn't understand a single word that Tom Hanks was uttering. Sure, he was meant to put on a heavy accent, but it wasn't just heavy, it was uber deep as well, which made it very hard to pick up his English.

There were a few things I didn't agree with the movie. I don't see how he was able to work with the construction workers for so long with out them having the faintest idea as to what he was doing. I also found it amazing that he happened to be such a good carpenter. They pretty much gave him skill after skill in this movie...

The Indian janator was hillarious! I have to admit, for a sentimental movie, this sure did contain quite a few funny scenes. There were quite a few holes here and there. Some things unexplained, and some things were just unbelievable. Especially the way he learnt English.

All in all, it was nice to watch. I didn't really like the way it ended because of how the movie was built up, but I guess it was a satisfactory ending.

IMDB Link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0362227/

Official Website: http://www.theterminal-themovie.com/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home