Nyum's Movie Reviews

Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Bicentennial Man



Hmm. I liked it and at the same time... I wasn't all that impressed by it.

I think it would have been cruel to give robots emotions and the ability to think on it's own. Sure he wasn't "given" the ability, rather, a defect... but I reckon he should have been terminated. Heartless as it may sound. I don't think it was all that good to put him in a position where he can watch all his friends die before him. That's just cruel.

Sure he made many many robotic parts that can help normal humans... but I don't think it was all that worth it. Robin Williams was great. Both as a voice actor and as an actor. It was a little weird for them to use Embeth Davidtz over and over again over the generations... but I guess it made perfect sense to.

It was alright. I liked the piano piece. Give it a go... and if you know what piece it is or have the music sheet for it... let me know!

IMDB Link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0182789/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home