Nyum's Movie Reviews

Thursday, June 23, 2005

Around the World in 80 Days



Ah, super fun movie! Like all Jackie Chan movies, this was really fun! If you've read the novel by Jules Verne, you'll probably find this movie to be rather entertaining.

I don't think I've ever seen Steve Coogan (Phileas Fogg) in any other movie before, but he was perfect for the role. And then there's Cécile De France who was also really good. She reminded me of someone else but can't just put my finger on it. And yes... who can forget Jim Broadbent. I loved the way he delivered his lines. Very theatrical, but quite suited!!

Who surprised me the most? That would have to be Karen Mok. Her English was fantastic! Sure, she lived in the US for a while, but for a Chinese person who does a lot of Chinese movies, her English was spot on without any Chinese accents!

But I think the most entertaining part about this movie are all the cameo appearances. There was pretty much one for each major section in Phileas's trip around the world. You get to see Arnold Schwarzenegger, Sammo Hung, Rob Schnieder, Luke and Owen Wilson, John Cleese, and Kathy Bates.

I'm sure there are others I didn't recognise, but this film was just a fun packed adventure! Definitely worth watching ;)

IMDB Link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0327437/
Apple Trailers: http://www.apple.com/trailers/disney/aroundtheworldin80days/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home