Nyum's Movie Reviews

Monday, July 25, 2005

Spirited Away



Absolutely fantastic!

I loved it. Known to the Japanese as Sen to Chihiro no Kamikakushi, this title by Hayao Miyazaki is absolutely fantastic. It's a story about a family that just moved and they take an unexpected wrong turn and end up at an abandoned theme park.

Only problem is, as they eat the food there and as the sun sets, their bodies transform and their spirits get captured by the park. Chihiro, the little girl who's parents get taken, manages to escape with the help of a boy.

She's now on a journey to find her parents and escape the theme park. It's a fantastic tale, full of magic... suspense... and mystery. Definitely worth watching!! I watched it in both Japanese with Subtitles and English. It's so good. You need to watch this for sure!

IMBD Link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0245429/

4 Comments:

  • One of my most favourite movies ever :)


    But then again im a big Hayao Miyazaki films :)

    By Blogger Papigiulio, at 7:18 AM  

  • Yeah! Me too! I can't wait to see Howl's Moving Castle.

    There were some of the old films that I didn't like... like... Grave of the Fireflies. It was so depressing!! Sure, it was meant to be.. but it was just a little too heavy for me.

    By Blogger Nyum, at 9:41 PM  

  • Grave was also from Hayao?? Didnt knew that. Yeah that film is very heavy, didnt even manage to finsih it.

    great films from Hayao are:
    Spirited Away
    Princess Monoke
    Castle of Laputa
    Kiki's Delivery Service
    Lupin: Castle of cagliostro

    some lesser ones:
    My Neighbour totoro
    The cat returns


    Ive seen howls movign castle, its a ncie flick but not that good as i hoped, but as usual its beautiful.

    BTW if ya wanna see a good flick, try steamboy :) or older ones like
    Akira and Blood the last vampire :)

    By Blogger Papigiulio, at 7:11 AM  

  • Yeah, it was apart of the Studio Ghibli package.

    I own Blood the last vampire on DVD. I love it. It's awesome. I've seen the others too. One i run out of things to review, I'm sure I'll dig one of those up to. Hehehehehe.

    By Blogger Nyum, at 10:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home