Nyum's Movie Reviews

Saturday, December 11, 2004

Alien Vs Predator



I have to say, this was the most disappointing movie ever. Individually, their prequels rocked. The game rocked. This movie... sucked! The story behind it was rather crap. At the end, I thought the woman and the predator was going to kiss for crying out loud!

The fight scenes were pretty lame. Most of the time, the filming was so up close that you don't get to see anything. The first fight scene was shot so poorly that it was just close ups of parts of both the Alien and the Predator.

Usually, I won't spoil a movie when I blog about it, but seriously, the fact that they left an opening for a sequel... was just soooo wrong! I liked the intro. The movie started off well, for like, the first 20 minutes. Then it got really crap.

And the end where you see the Alien jump out of the dead Predator... like come on... even the humans knew when they had it in them... and they were able to say "kill me now" etc... as if he wouldn't know he had it in him. The Predator had scanners and everything as well. Shish!!

Utter bullshit is what I have to say. The woman took off her jacket and she didn't even show a single sign of being cold, despite the fact that they were in a freeze zone! And what? Leave her out there by herself at the end? She can really manage a boat by herself and get herself home. She's miles from places. She even said it herself.

I find it hard to believe that those 3 guns were the only 3 guns that were ever developed for the Predators. I don't believe that the queen alien was able to get out of the explosion unscathed either. The movie was just terrible. It's just ruined my image of two really good movies... I would go as far as saying, wait for this movie to appear on "free to air" tv and then watch it. It's not worth even renting the DVD...

IMDB Link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0370263/

Official Link: http://www.avp-movie.com/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home