Nyum's Movie Reviews

Sunday, November 14, 2004

School of Rock

This is one of those movies where if you hate Jack Black, then you'll hate the movie. You really need to like Jack Black and his antics otherwise you'll find the movie irritating and boring. I liked it, not only because the movie was musically inclined, but because I found it funny.

I loved the way the chinese kid was speaking. It was so typical chinese, and being asian myself, I could relate to half the stuff he was saying.

I felt sorry for the kid base player. At the end of the film, during the rolling credits, everyone was announced by Jack and then had a chance of a solo performance, but she didn't even get a mention. Fair enough that it's hard to play a solo as a base player, but it was rather slack not to let her try. She didn't even get her name mentioned by Jack!! Poor girl, she must have felt so rejected.

The school itself was a bit weird... as if you can simply sound proof a room with door stoppers taped to the doors... the room had windows... I doubt they were like tripple layered, sound proof glass!!! And as if the kids could set up security cameras... that was a joke... but all in all, it was enjoyable... Didn't quite like Joan Cusack's performance, but the kids were quite good. I can see so many potential stars/musicians emerging from that bunch.

IMDB Link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0332379/

Official Website:
http://www.schoolofrockmovie.com/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home