Nyum's Movie Reviews

Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Shall We Dance?



Er... I prefer not to!

It's a typical J. Lo film. She's the victim, or someone who's gone through traumatic stress, and she's trying to find her way. Even though, she isn't actually the man star of the film! Richard Gere is the main character who's trying to find a little bit of happiness in his life.

He's captivated by J. Lo as he sees her through a window and decides to take dance lessons. Things lead to another, he's at a state competition for amateurs... okay... right... The storyline was weak. The plot was poor. The characters weren't all that interesting.

I liked the toilet scene. It was funny. Hahaha. The dance competition wasn't all that bad either. It had me going there for a bit, just the enthusiasm and the feeling of competition kept me watching a little. But other than that... er... nup. They didn't explain where the "son" came from... maybe they did and I missed it, but I don't think so... And the wife had her own problems.

And what sort of bizarre warm up exercises were they doing?!?! Richard Gere's face looked really plastic as well... I dunno... watch it if you've got nothing else to do. It was watchable, wasn't good... wasn't THAT bad... just... watchable. (cause the support characters were funny!)

IMDB Link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0358135/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home