Nyum's Movie Reviews

Saturday, July 16, 2005

Sin City



Wow. This movie was pretty darn cool! I have to admit, it was a little weird and I think I might have to watch it again to catch everything because there's just so much going on. It did get a little confusing as to what was happening towards the end but I think I have the jist of everything.

There were so many good actors and actresses in this flick. So many names in the one movie. Just amazing. Jessica Alba Rocks!! And when you get to see her dance on the stage... wow. She's so damn gorgeous! And she had a few lines in the movie that just melts my heart. You kinda wished you were Bruce Willis at those moments!!

It was weird seeing Alexis Bledel as a prostitute though. Rosario Dawson was someone I never really noticed before, but she was pretty cool. Michael Clarke Smith had to be in this movie as a villan. He just had to. And he was ;) It suited him nicely.

I can't say Josh Hartnett had much of a role. But I need to work out the ending a bit... someone explain that one to me... And how confusing was it when you saw Jaime King's character... you'll know what I mean! But my favourite character... besides Nancy... was Miho, played by Devon Aoki. Lethal yet really cool. Her character rocks. I love the samurai stuff!

And for once, I think Clive Owens did a really good job in this movie. It didn't look forced or anything. It was quite good. Brittany Murphy was her usual self. But seeing Elijah Wood like that... man... that was really weird!!!

Anyway, you have to watch this movie!! Oh... Frank Miller also makes an appearance!! He's the priest! Keep an eye out for him ;)

IMDB Link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0401792/
Apple Trailers: http://www.apple.com/trailers/miramax/sin_city/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home