Nyum's Movie Reviews

Friday, November 05, 2004

Garfield

Initially, after watching the trailers, I thought that the movie was going to be crap, mainly because Garfield could talk... but that wasn't the case at all! Sure, he had a voice actor (the funny Bill Murray), but it wasn't as if the humans could understand him anyway. It was quite funny.

However, it was pretty weird that he was the only animated cat... Jon wasn't anything like the comic strips!! He was much younger and didn't dress so dorky!! I was expecting at least a checkered shirt or something weird like in the comic strips. That was rather disappointing.

Nermal was disappointing too, he was soooo not the cutest kitten in the world!! That's right... HE. Who would have thought that Nermal was male!!! I had always just assumed it was female...

Jennifer Love Hewitt was pretty damn fine as well. I think I still like her with long hair rather than short... She still looks as youthful as ever... it's probably from all those Neutrogena products ;p

The story was well done. I don't remember how Odie came into the family from the comic strips. I should really read them all again... but I think he was a character from the start, so the movie took another angle into the life of Garfield.

IMDB Link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0356634/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home