Nyum's Movie Reviews

Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Ice Age



I didn't like it. The characters weren't that interesting, the animation wasn't all that good and everything looked really plastic. It felt like I was watching Transformers Beast Wars at one point.

The motion of the characters weren't fluid either. Some of the scenes looked as if the physics of the animal's movement was all wrong. Sure it's an animation, but it should at least still be made more realistic with motion if you couldn't do it with animation.

The story line itself was poor. It's one of those stories where you go "AS IF"... I just didn't like it. It just didn't have the edge. I didn't think the voices suited some of the characters either.

I have to admit, there were "some" funny parts, but even then, it wasn't all THAT funny. The high motion scene through the inner mountain was okay. But even then, a lot of motion wasn't added to the character's hair or fur to make it seem more fluid. I guess for the time it was made, that's probably the best they could do. But I'm sure Disney-Pixar did a lot better with their other projects that came out prior to this.

IMDB link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0268380/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home