Nyum's Movie Reviews

Saturday, July 09, 2005

Unleashed (aka Danny the Dog)



Interesting movie. When he was taken, he was a little kid... I guess that traumatic experience did allow for him to be moulded that way... hmmm

Jet Li was pretty good. He didn't really use all that much kung-fu, rather, he looked like he was street fighting with a lot of repeated punches and blows to the same part of the body. Morgan Freeman was pretty good. I think I just like him as an actor. He's really cool.

And of course, there's Bob Hoskins... what I didn't like about him the most was that he pretty much refused to die. That was one of the let downs in this movie. People get shot at... get hit by a truck... have a car completely flip over... and yet... still be alive after. Unbelievable I tell ya!

As an action film, it was alright... the story was interesting... but there were a lot of weird moments. I say, give it a go... and let me know what you think!

IMDB Link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0342258/
Apple Trailers: http://www.apple.com/trailers/focus_features/unleashed.html

2 Comments:

  • I didn't really like this movie. I prefer Jet Li's older movies where he does a lot of wicked kung-fu scenes. And off course Hero :D

    By Blogger Papigiulio, at 7:17 AM  

  • I thought there were a lot of holes. And his fighting wasn't all that impressive cause after all, it was just repetitive punches over and over again...

    But I didn't mind it, I just didn't think it was all that good. It was okay.

    By Blogger Nyum, at 12:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home