Nyum's Movie Reviews

Friday, December 31, 2004

Garden State



I didn't have any expectations when I watched this movie. Frankly, I had no idea what it was about. I just assumed that it was going to be funny cause Zach Braff was in it. Who would have thought it was going to be a deep and meaningful movie?

Natalie Portman's performance was gold! Man, she was good. That scene where she does the 1 unique thing that no one else has ever done before. That cracked me up!

She's a compulsive liar that suffers from Epilepsy (Any of various neurological disorders characterized by sudden recurring attacks of motor, sensory, or psychic malfunction with or without loss of consciousness or convulsive seizures). Her character is probably the most interesting in the entire story.

Sure Zach's character was weird, especially since his family was so stuffed up in a sense that, they forced him away because of a freak accident. I liked the fact that the movie started off so dark and obfuscative. It was just weird.

Anyway, if you're up for a deep and meaningful movie, then watch it. If you don't want to think or feel... I say, give it a miss.

IMDB Link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0333766/

Official Website: http://www2.foxsearchlight.com/gardenstate/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home